Donate Via Paypal Or Bitcoin 1KDMja8Jwf2E42zp7KoK6ypmT5c36yNx7E

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What will the value of silver be in 20 years
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 02:30 PM by silversaver.)
What will the value of silver be in 20 years
Two weeks ago my father-in-law was nice enough to allow me to convert the paper assets he had for my kids into physical silver. They both have 42 ounces of physical silver. I was just thinking that in 20 years that this silver may have enough value to purchase a small older home in a quiet town. What do you think ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 01:23 PM by harbl_the_cat.)
RE: What will the value of silver be in 20 years
Not to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt that 42 oz of silver will be able to buy a house. A car or university tuition sounds more possible to me.

Honestly, I think the value of silver will be pretty close to exactly the same value it is now - that is, the value of the amount of effort it takes to dig it out of the ground and refine it (which is substantially more than the dollar price).

The more important question, though, is what will silver be valued WITH in 20 years, because I'm absolutely certain it won't be in any fiat currency that exists today.

May the best pet win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Ltv9fjVe4
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
How rare will silver be in 20 years might be a better question. Baring a major die off the 'oz of silver on earth : human' ratio only goes down and this is compounded by consumption and stacking eating away at the available principal. We can get better at getting it out of the earth but due to the nature of mining (low hanging fruit first) it will get more expensive over time to meet demand as we have to go to greater lengths to extract and refine.

The short answer is that is will be more rare and that should allow you to do more with it and in 20 years it may be quite a bit more rare.
03-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Well let's see from 1980 it was $50/ounce----to----2000 it was $1/ounce. It's anyone's guess, and yes despite the bashing and pumping it's still only a guess that anyone can truly give!

GOD BLESS THE REPUBLIC!!
03-07-2012, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 08:18 PM by AmericanDogMan.)
1500 New World Order BioCredits. Wink
03-07-2012, 08:54 PM
in 20 years maybe 1 0z = six goats, 1 rooster, 2 hens. Smile Seriously though it will be worth allot more, but you shouldn't look at in dollars but rather in value.
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 09:02 PM
(03-07-2012 08:54 PM)Chronic Wrote:  in 20 years maybe 1 0z = six goats, 1 rooster, 2 hens. Smile Seriously though it will be worth allot more, but you shouldn't look at in dollars but rather in value.

Opps, sorry i misread,, like above 42 oz might actually buy a house. hard to say where though and you would be trading for a house if silver is accepted as scrip.
03-07-2012, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 09:46 PM by Dudesome.)
In times when Rome's economy was in decay within 50 years the price of gold rose 44000 times. Take into count that 2000 years ago 50 years would be equal to maybe 10 years today due to the speed with which information and currency travels. We are also talking abouy gold not silver.

A house for 42oz of silver? I see it very possible.
03-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Add to that the fact that real estate prices are going to continue to plunge
03-07-2012, 10:04 PM
(03-07-2012 09:49 PM)Dudesome Wrote:  Add to that the fact that real estate prices are going to continue to plunge

So very true. that will turn around here at some point when the dollar game is over, yet the house, ag and au will continue be worth more and more.
03-07-2012, 11:38 PM
In twenty years it's not going to be the value of silver, it's going to be the value in silver .
03-08-2012, 02:49 AM
In 20 years we will be living in a post dollar world therefore silver will have an infinite amount of return as the dollar will be worth NOTHING!

Understanding the truth will set you free
03-08-2012, 03:22 AM
well David Morgan talked about the silver supply being very low by 2020 or 30, I believe. We use silver for many things second most useful to oil so most is consumed.I could only imagine it will be very precious considering the actual amount of investor silver versus the number of people in the world.It is a fraction ,less then 1 once per person .It stands to reason it should be worth more than gold ,as all gold is still above ground and has not been consumed..
03-08-2012, 05:14 AM
(03-07-2012 02:28 PM)nosirrahx Wrote:  How rare will silver be in 20 years might be a better question. Baring a major die off the 'oz of silver on earth : human' ratio only goes down and this is compounded by consumption and stacking eating away at the available principal. We can get better at getting it out of the earth but due to the nature of mining (low hanging fruit first) it will get more expensive over time to meet demand as we have to go to greater lengths to extract and refine.

The short answer is that is will be more rare and that should allow you to do more with it and in 20 years it may be quite a bit more rare.
You make some good points. I heard something the other day that kind of made me take pause. A blogger talking about the future of the price of silver, encouraged people to think about what an ounce of silver could be traded for in the future, not just what it might be worth in a fiat dollar ammount. As silver becomes more rare in the coming years, from the increases in commercial and industrial uses, it's use as a barter item will be off the charts. The possibilities will be endless, and a monetary value might be the least concerning thing.
03-08-2012, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 07:10 AM by Dudesome.)
(03-08-2012 05:14 AM)greaseman Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 02:28 PM)nosirrahx Wrote:  How rare will silver be in 20 years might be a better question. Baring a major die off the 'oz of silver on earth : human' ratio only goes down and this is compounded by consumption and stacking eating away at the available principal. We can get better at getting it out of the earth but due to the nature of mining (low hanging fruit first) it will get more expensive over time to meet demand as we have to go to greater lengths to extract and refine.

You make some good points. I heard something the other day that kind of made me take pause. A blogger talking about the future of the price of silver, encouraged people to think about what an ounce of silver could be traded for in the future, not just what it might be worth in a fiat dollar ammount. As silver becomes more rare in the coming years, from the increases in commercial and industrial uses, it's use as a barter item will be off the charts. The possibilities will be endless, and a monetary value might be the least concerning thing.

unless of course we someday see a gold backed currency =) I think China and India will get to that eventually. In that case it will be nice to measure the value of Silver in gold! Imagine a 1 to 1 silver/gold ratio! Imagine 2 to 1 silver/gold Big Grin Ok you can stop imagining Big Grin
03-08-2012, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 09:22 AM by Bob-bullion.)
The most important question is what will the $ be worth in 20 years?

I would suggest next to nothing and therefore protect yourself.

My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Roughly on par with platinum.

www.radocracy.com

www.youtube.com/radocracytv
03-08-2012, 04:33 PM
(03-08-2012 04:29 PM)Radocracy Wrote:  Roughly on par with platinum.

Thats what im hoping for... Thats where it should be!
03-08-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 09:07 PM by blacksmithden.)
Nobody can tell what it'll be worth in 20 years anymore than they can predict the weather in 20 years. In the morning, the sun will rise. In the evening, the sun will set. In 20 years, silver will still be worth SOMETHING. Beyond that.....it's a crap shoot.
03-08-2012, 10:15 PM
No matter where the price is, it will be better than any fiat currency. As long as I live I will NEVER save my money in fiat again. I think I will be very happy in 20 years.
03-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I ounce of silver will buy you 1 week out of a FEMA "town". BUT, you will be tracked constantly, and will be only allowed to roam within 20 miles of your FEMA town. Your town will be known as FC-29667.
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
The Value of Silver never changes.

If you can't Dazzle 'em with Brilliance, Baffle 'em with Bullshit