Donate Via Paypal Or Bitcoin 1KDMja8Jwf2E42zp7KoK6ypmT5c36yNx7E

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to protect my SEP retirement account
03-29-2012, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 09:57 AM by EL34.)
How to protect my SEP retirement account
BrotherJohnF,
I am self employed. Many years ago my accountant set me up with a SEP retirement account. Ever since then, I have been depositing the max amount I am allowed, at tax time, into this SEP account for tax reasons and for retirement.

The portfolio is split between several mutual funds like
DODGE & COX BALANCED FD
JOHN HANCOCK US GLBL L-A

I also have about 100K sitting in cash

The big decline in 2008 pretty much destroyed my portfolio and that is why I kept some cash on the sidelines.
Now the Portfolio has bounced back except for one fund.

I have been stacking silver and will continue to do so over the long term. I am totally on board with the whole stacking of metals thing, but have no idea what can be done as far as paper investments in my SEP account.

I would like your opinion on what you think I should be doing with about 200K sitting in this account. I can't get my hands on the money and go buy physical commodities and so I need to invest it wisely.

I am not stock market savvy and don't really understand it all. That's why I love coming to your site and others to get concise info on the big picture. I am in it for the long term and like the idea of holding commodities.

My question is, if it was your money, what would you do?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Doug

How's the stack hanging?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply