Shocking: A Polish catholic priest has been forced to defend himself after pictures emerged of children licking cream off his legs
dailymail.co.uk / by Jill Reilly / 05:41 EST, 20 September 2012
- Priest is also principal Salesians High School in Lubin, southern Poland
- Defended his actions by saying such ceremonies for first year pupils have been an annual event for many years
- Polish government’s spokesman on child affairs: ‘This is very disturbing’
- Abused children charity expresses concern
- Parents of some pupils have come out in support of the priest
A police investigation has been launched after a series of disturbing photos emerged showing schoolchildren licking whipped cream from the knee of a Polish priest.
The images – which are apparently part of an ‘initiation ceremony’ at Salesians High School in Lubin, southern Poland – show both male and female 13-year old pupils taking part in the bizarre practice.
Father Marcin Kozyra, who is also the school’s principal, has defended his actions by saying such ceremonies for first year pupils have been an annual event for many years.
In the photos the Catholic priest is shown sitting on a battered armchair, wearing shorts and with some form of stick across his knees.
The pupils are shown kneeling around Father Kozyra as they watch each other lick cream from his bare knee.
Other photos show the students crawling up the stairs in a single file on their hands and knees.
‘This is very disturbing,’ said Marek Michalak, the Polish government’s spokesman on child affairs, reported The Telegraph.