ausbullion.blogspot.com.au / By Tears of the Moon / December 19, 2012
After a campaign throughout 2012 to seek clarity in regards to the location of Australia’s Gold Reserves the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has confirmed today in an email to me that 99.9% of their Gold Reserves are held in the gold vault of the Bank of England.
Please read below for the text of the RBA’s email response to me dated 19/12/12:
Thank you for your email.
As at end-June 2011 the Reserve Bank of Australia held 80 tonnes of gold in London Good Delivery bars. The Reserve Bank holds 99.9 per cent of its gold reserves in the United Kingdom at the Bank of England. The remaining 0.1 per cent is held at the Reserve Bank’s Head Office in Sydney.