globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com / By Mike “Mish” Shedlock / December 17, 2012 2:46 PM
Inquiring minds are taking a peek at the Empire State Manufacturing Survey, a publication of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The December 2012 Empire State Manufacturing Survey indicates that conditions for New York manufacturers continued to decline at a modest pace.
Points of Interest
- General business conditions index was negative for a fifth consecutive month, falling 2.9 points to -8.1
- New orders dropped 6.8 point to -3.7
- Shipments dropped 5.8 points to +8.8
- Prices paid rose 1.5 points to +16.1
- Prices received fell 4.5 points to +1.1
- Number of employees remains in contraction although the index rose 4.9 points to -9.7
- Average work week fell 2.9 points to -10.8